If your family member was killed because of another person’s carelessness, you may want to talk to a wrongful death lawyer Des Moines IA trusts from Johnston | Martineau, PLLP. The attorneys at our firm are dedicated to protecting our clients’ rights and helping them obtain the compensation they deserve. They make every effort to do all of the work so you won’t have to lift a finger.
Reasons Johnston Martineau LLP Should Represent You When Faced with Wrongful Death
When someone has passed away due to another person’s negligent behavior, you may consider pursuing a wrongful death case. This can be a difficult decision to come to when faced with unpaid bills and financial challenges. As a result of your loss, it may be a necessary step towards financial security. When a loved one passes away unexpectedly, they may leave behind a family who was financial dependent upon them. Managing grief in addition to financial troubles can be especially stressful. This is why Johnston Martineau LLP can prove to be a valuable resource for victim’s families when facing a wrongful death case. There are a number of key reasons why our services can prove to be invaluable to you, your family and the case you stand to face:
We offer years of experience in representing wrongful death cases.
An experienced attorney can provide the families of accident victims not only with peace of mind but a leg up. The experience we bring means that we are savvy in representing wrongful death cases and have a clear understanding of the ins and outs of the legal system. Additionally, with our experience we bring forth a strong and positive reputation within the legal community.
You will never be left in the dark.
Taking legal action is difficult for even the strongest of people. Wrongful death cases can be riddled with emotion, especially considering that you will likely be still grieving your loved one. Fear of the unknown and the road that lies ahead can be stressful for people who have just experienced a loss. When it comes to matters surrounding your case, we will always make sure that you have the most up to date information possible. We will make sure that we are always on the same page regarding progress, never leaving you in the dark.
We will commit to your case.
When we make the decision to take on a client’s case, we fully commit to obtaining an outcome that is in your favor. We take on an all hands on deck approach, meaning our entire staff will work hard to build a strong case proving negligence.
We will give it to you straight.
We are direct and will always tell it like it is. As difficult as this can be for both parties, we believe that this approach will allow the lines of communication to remain open throughout the time we are working together. We will provide you with clear legal advice and, as a result, you will always know where we stand.
We offer complimentary case reviews.
Prospective clients have the ability to schedule risk free case consultations with members of our legal team. This is beneficial to both parties for a number of reasons. Prospective clients can get a feel for our style and how we may approach your case. It also gives us the ability to assess whether the case you have is a strong one. Are you wondering if you have a case but unsure? Scheduling a complimentary consultation with us may be the best way to determine how best to move forward.
We work on contingency fees.
Many people may be suffering financially, especially after losing someone whom the family has been financially reliant upon. This can make the thought of taking legal action seem nearly impossible. This is a primary reason we work on a contingency basis. We won’t get paid, unless you do. Meaning you will not be financially impacted if we do not yield a positive outcome for you.
The road you stand to face can be long and arduous. If you have recently lost a spouse, just the idea of parenting your children on your own can feel like a daunting task. When the normal day to day feels completely overwhelming without your partner, imagine doing so in the absence of the financial security you once were provided. Not being able to make ends meet after the tragic loss of a loved one can make the grief process especially stressful. The services of Johnston Martineau LLP may be able to help you build a strong case against the person who harmed your loved one so that you are able to obtain the compensation you are entitled to. Contact our offices today to schedule a case review with a member of our team.
Common Causes of Wrongful Deaths
Sadly, wrongful deaths are a daily occurrence in the United States. When a person’s death is caused by someone else’s negligence, the deceased person’s family has a right to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Here are some of the common causes of wrongful deaths a wrongful death lawyer in Des Moines IA typically sees:
- Car Accidents: If a driver is drunk, distracted, or doesn’t obey the rules of the road, that person may endanger others. Vehicle accidents are one of the most common reasons why individuals file wrongful death lawsuits. Hiring a wrongful death lawyer Des Moines IA drivers choose to represent them can make all the difference when pursuing a lawsuit.
- Medical Malpractice: While doctors and other medical professionals are expected to always provide their patients with the utmost care, they don’t always do this. In fact, some doctors may prescribe their patients the wrong medication or make another error that leads to death. With the help of a wrongful death lawyer Des Moines IA respects, family members of the victim may sue the doctor or hospital.
- Products Liability: Companies have a legal responsibility of making sure their products are safe for the public to use. If a product is poorly designed or manufactured and leads to a person’s death, the company may be sued in a wrongful death lawsuit. This type of lawsuit tends to be more complicated. Johnston | Martineau, PLLP can provide you with a wrongful death lawyer in Des Moines IA who is experienced with product liability suits. Who Can Be Held Responsible for a Wrongful Death Occur at an Amusement Park?
- Workplace Accidents: It’s important for employers to keep their work environments safe to prevent injuries and deaths. Unfortunately, workers can still get injured or killed at work. Whether it’s due to machine entanglement or a fall, the family of the deceased person’s family has a right to sue the employer for wrongful death. When you need a wrongful death lawyer Des Moines IA workers have turned to for years, contact us for a free consultation.
Working With a Wrongful Death Lawyer
Regardless of the cause of your family member’s wrongful death, it may be in your best interest to work with a wrongful death lawyer Des Moines IA relies on. Here are some of the benefits you can expect to receive by hiring an experienced lawyer:
- Higher Compensation Amount: By working with a Des Moines wrongful death lawyer from Johnston Martineau Attorneys at Law, you may get a higher compensation amount than if you handled the lawsuit on your own. A skilled lawyer knows the approximate value of your family member’s wrongful death and may make sure the defendant’s insurance company doesn’t get away with offering you a low amount.
- Reduced Stress: Losing a loved one is bad enough. You don’t need the stress of handling a wrongful death lawsuit on your own. A wrongful death lawyer Des Moines IA depends on may take care of everything related to pursuing your case, so you can have less on your plate.
- Faster Resolution of Your Case: An experienced wrongful death lawyer Des Moines IA turns to can prepare your case and the necessary paperwork to reach a positive resolution as fast as possible. If you are representing your family without an attorney, you are subject to falling into numerous legal pitfalls. That can result in extending the length of your lawsuit, or worse, causing a judge to dismiss your case. Don’t take chances. Call Johnston | Martineau, PLLP for a free case review.
- The Ability to Negotiate a High Settlement Amount: A skilled Des Moines wrongful death lawyer from Johnston | Martineau, PLLP may work with the opposing counsel to negotiate a settlement. We have thousands of clients who received maximum compensation from a settlement that our legal team was able to negotiate for them. We may be able to help your family as well. Contact us to speak with one of our attorneys to find out how we can assist you. A fair settlement can be more attractive than a jury award, as the costs of a lengthy trial can be very high. In addition, a settlement usually takes less time to negotiate.
- Expertise in Handling Multi-Party Litigation: A wrongful death lawyer Des Moines IA victims’ families hire should be familiar with the complexities of dealing with multiple defendants. In wrongful death cases, the defendants could include several separate but related parties. For example, in a medical malpractice wrongful death suit, the defendants might include the doctor, anesthesiologist, and the medical equipment manufacturer, among others. It’s important to hire a law firm that can manage the complexity of a multi-party lawsuit when applicable. Though you may believe that only one party is responsible in your wrongful death suit, after a thorough investigation of your case, the number of defendants could increase.
- How to Prove a Wrongful Death Claim
.Statute of Limitations in Wrongful Death Suits
When a family wishes to file a wrongful death suit after the loss of a loved one, they must do within a certain timeframe. Unfortunately, even for the most egregious cases, if they miss the statute of limitations deadline, their case will be thrown out of court. It’s crucially important to contact a wrongful death lawyer Des Moines IA families count on and as soon as possible. A lawyer from Johnston | Martineau, PLLP may review your case and inform you of any applicable laws that may pertain to your case, including the statute of limitations.
If you are searching for a wrongful death lawyer Des Moines IA offers, contact Johnston | Martineau, PLLP at (515) 493-4878.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Resources:
What are the basics of a wrongful death claim?
“I am an attorney located in San Diego and needed a referral in Iowa. Brad was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. He spent about 15 minutes of his time to point me in the right direction. He made me feel comfortable and was very pleasant to talk to. Thank you, Brad!”