If your family member was killed because of another person’s carelessness, you may want to talk to a wrongful death lawyer Des Moines IA trusts from Johnston | Martineau, PLLP. The attorneys at our firm are dedicated to protecting our clients’ rights and helping them obtain the compensation they deserve. They make every effort to do all of the work so you won’t have to lift a finger.
Common Causes of Wrongful Deaths
Sadly, wrongful deaths are a daily occurrence in the United States. When a person’s death is caused by someone else’s negligence, the deceased person’s family has a right to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Here are some of the common causes of wrongful deaths a wrongful death lawyer in Des Moines IA typically sees:
- Car Accidents: If a driver is drunk, distracted, or doesn’t obey the rules of the road, that person may endanger others. Vehicle accidents are one of the most common reasons why individuals file wrongful death lawsuits. Hiring a wrongful death lawyer Des Moines IA drivers choose to represent them can make all the difference when pursuing a lawsuit.
- Medical Malpractice: While doctors and other medical professionals are expected to always provide their patients with the utmost care, they don’t always do this. In fact, some doctors may prescribe their patients the wrong medication or make another error that leads to death. With the help of a wrongful death lawyer Des Moines IA respects, family members of the victim may sue the doctor or hospital.
- Products Liability: Companies have a legal responsibility of making sure their products are safe for the public to use. If a product is poorly designed or manufactured and leads to a person’s death, the company may be sued in a wrongful death lawsuit. This type of lawsuit tends to be more complicated. Johnston | Martineau, PLLP can provide you with a wrongful death lawyer in Des Moines IA who is experienced with product liability suits.
- Workplace Accidents: It’s important for employers to keep their work environments safe to prevent injuries and deaths. Unfortunately, workers can still get injured or killed at work. Whether it’s due to machine entanglement or a fall, the family of the deceased person’s family has a right to sue the employer for wrongful death. When you need a wrongful death lawyer Des Moines IA workers have turned to for years, contact us for a free consultation.
Working With a Wrongful Death Lawyer
Regardless of the cause of your family member’s wrongful death, it may be in your best interest to work with a wrongful death lawyer Des Moines IA relies on. Here are some of the benefits you can expect to receive by hiring an experienced lawyer:
- Higher Compensation Amount: By working with a Des Moines wrongful death lawyer from Johnston Martineau Attorneys at Law, you may get a higher compensation amount than if you handled the lawsuit on your own. A skilled lawyer knows the approximate value of your family member’s wrongful death and may make sure the defendant’s insurance company doesn’t get away with offering you a low amount.
- Reduced Stress: Losing a loved one is bad enough. You don’t need the stress of handling a wrongful death lawsuit on your own. A wrongful death lawyer Des Moines IA depends on may take care of everything related to pursuing your case, so you can have less on your plate.
- Faster Resolution of Your Case: An experienced wrongful death lawyer Des Moines IA turns to can prepare your case and the necessary paperwork to reach a positive resolution as fast as possible. If you are representing your family without an attorney, you are subject to falling into numerous legal pitfalls. That can result in extending the length of your lawsuit, or worse, causing a judge to dismiss your case. Don’t take chances. Call Johnston | Martineau, PLLP for a free case review.
- The Ability to Negotiate a High Settlement Amount: A skilled Des Moines wrongful death lawyer from Johnston | Martineau, PLLP may work with the opposing counsel to negotiate a settlement. We have thousands of clients who received maximum compensation from a settlement that our legal team was able to negotiate for them. We may be able to help your family as well. Contact us to speak with one of our attorneys to find out how we can assist you. A fair settlement can be more attractive than a jury award, as the costs of a lengthy trial can be very high. In addition, a settlement usually takes less time to negotiate.
- Expertise in Handling Multi-Party Litigation: A wrongful death lawyer Des Moines IA victims’ families hire should be familiar with the complexities of dealing with multiple defendants. In wrongful death cases, the defendants could include several separate but related parties. For example, in a medical malpractice wrongful death suit, the defendants might include the doctor, anesthesiologist, and the medical equipment manufacturer, among others. It’s important to hire a law firm that can manage the complexity of a multi-party lawsuit when applicable. Though you may believe that only one party is responsible in your wrongful death suit, after a thorough investigation of your case, the number of defendants could increase.
.Statute of Limitations in Wrongful Death Suits
When a family wishes to file a wrongful death suit after the loss of a loved one, they must do within a certain timeframe. Unfortunately, even for the most egregious cases, if they miss the statute of limitations deadline, their case will be thrown out of court. It’s crucially important to contact a wrongful death lawyer Des Moines IA families count on and as soon as possible. A lawyer from Johnston | Martineau, PLLP may review your case and inform you of any applicable laws that may pertain to your case, including the statute of limitations.
If you are searching for a wrongful death lawyer Des Moines IA offers, contact Johnston | Martineau, PLLP at (515) 493-4878.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Resources: