Our slip and fall lawyers have won millions of dollars in compensation for victims who were injured in a tragic slip and fall accident. These incidents can happen anywhere, but often include grocery stores, hotels, parking lots, and shopping malls. Some were the result of spilled liquids, others ice, and there are those that involved an obstruction. If you slipped at fell at any premises that were not your own, and you believe negligence or irresponsibility was the cause, please call a slip and fall lawyer now.
Common Causes of Slip and Floor Accidents
Every day, there are slip and fall accidents in [location]; however, not all of them will result in injuries. Most of these accidents happen because of one of the following:
- Liquid was spilled
- The floor was recently mopped, de-greased, or waxed
- Too much floor cleaner or shiner was used on the floor
- An obstruction or debris was left on the floor
- Water was brought in from rain, snow, or ice
If you were at a shopping mall and slipped and fell, you might naturally assume you can hold the premise responsible. This is not necessarily true.
When a Shopping Mall May Be Responsible
Many people assume they will have no trouble at all in holding the premise responsible for the accident. Realistically, this is only possible when:
- The shopping mall knew about the danger.
- The premise failed to attend to the danger.
- Because the danger was ignored, you slipped and fell.
- Had the facility addressed the danger, you would have not fallen.
- What the above implies is that negligence is a factor. If this is true, then the shopping mall would likely be responsible for your economic and non-economic losses. To add to this, a slip and fall lawyer will need to assess where the accident took place: in the open floor area or hallways of the mall or inside a shop.
If you slipped and fell inside of a shop, the shop would be responsible for your accident and not the actual shopping mall.
Other Ways for a Slip and Fall Accident to Occur
A majority of slip and falls happen because of spilled liquids and melted ice; however, it is possible for these accidents to occur from other situations. For example, a parking lot of a shopping mall is another place for a person to be injured. This can happen from:
- Deep puddles
- Weather conditions
- Unkempt pavement
- Debris or garbage
- Broken or slippery tiles at the entrance
- Broken or slippery stairs near the entrance
Were You Injured at a Shopping Mall?
If you slipped and fell at a shopping mall, and you have a valid claim, you may be able to recover damages for your medical care, lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and more. Before you assume that you do or do not have a claim, it may be in your best interest to ask a slip and fall lawyer in DC to review your case.
Thanks to The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. for their insight into personal injury claims and slip and fall accident injuries at a shopping mall.