If your child was injured in a school bus accident, you may want to speak to a school bus accident lawyer Des Moines IA residents trust. At Johnston Martineau, we have helped individuals just like yourself get justice. Our lawyers fight hard to get our clients the compensation they deserve.
Who Is Held Responsible for School Bus Accidents?
In most school bus accident cases a school bus accident lawyer in Des Moines IA deals with, it is the driver who is held responsible. However, sometimes other entities are found liable, such as:
- School district;
- Private school;
- Driver of another vehicle;
- Bus manufacturer;
- Parts manufacturer; and
- Third party contracted to repair school bus.
Common Causes of School Bus Accidents
School bus accidents are pretty rare, but they still happen from time to time, as a school bus accident lawyer Des Moines IA locals respect can attest. Let’s take a look at some of the common causes of school bus accidents:
- Driver Distraction: School bus drivers are driving with many children, which can be a distraction. These children may talk loudly or run around, causing a school bus driver to lose focus of the road ahead. If a school bus driver isn’t completely focused on the road, he or she can cause an accident.
- Mechanical Errors: A school bus accident lawyer Des Moines IA residents rely on has also seen school bus accidents that result from mechanical errors. If a school bus isn’t properly maintained, something can go wrong on the road and lead to an accident.
- Driver Fatigue: If a school bus driver has not gotten enough rest the night before, he or she may have trouble focusing on the road. This can put the children on the bus and everyone else on the road in danger. It is important for school bus drivers to get eight hours of sleep every night so that they are ready to drive the school bus the next day.
- Other Drivers: Even if a school bus driver does everything right, accidents can still happen. There are many other drivers on the road and some of them might not be as careful. Other drivers may speed, talk on their cell phones, or even drive drunk.
Getting Compensation in a School Bus Accident Case
If your child was in a school bus accident and got hurt, you probably feel overwhelmed. You hate to see your child in pain and are angry that this accident happened. This can be an extremely trying time, and it’s often helpful to face these things with the help of professionals. If you file a lawsuit with the help of a Des Moines school bus accident lawyer, you may be able to get compensated for your child’s medical bills.
A school bus accident lawyer Des Moines IA locals depend on may help you gather important evidence, identify witnesses and negotiate with insurance companies. You don’t have to go through this alone.
If you are looking for a school bus accident lawyer Des Moines IA offers, contact Johnston Martineau at 515-493-4878.