Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Des Moines IA
If you were in a motorcycle accident, it is important to make an appointment to see a qualified motorcycle accident lawyer Des Moines IA counts on as soon as possible. An experienced lawyer can help you receive fair compensation for your injuries, communicate with insurance companies and lawyers, represent you in court and take a lot of stress off your back. If you work with a reputable lawyer, you can have a peace of mind knowing that your needs are being taken care of.
Before your appointment with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Des Moines IA, here are a few other things you should do:
- Obtain a Copy of the Police Report: When police are called to come to an accident scene, they must write a police report. This report contains important information about an accident, such as what time the accident happened and who was at fault. Remember to ask the police for a copy of the report.
- Take Photos of the Accident Scene: If you are physically able, take a few photos of the accident scene with your camera phone. Try to capture clear shots of the damage to your motorcycle, your injuries and any skidmarks on the road. These photos can help your motorcycle accident lawyer Des Moines IA trusts prove that the accident was another person’s fault and that you deserve compensation. If you are too badly hurt, you may want to ask a bystander to take some photos for you.
- Talk to Witnesses: If there were any witnesses present at the accident scene, don’t leave the scene without first getting their names and contact information. Your motorcycle accident lawyer Des Moines IA respects may ask these witnesses to testify on your behalf in court. For example, if a witness saw the other driver changes lanes incorrectly and hit your motorcycle, he or she can help you win your case.
- Seek Medical Care: Whether you suffered a scrape or head injury, it’s important to see a doctor about your injuries as soon as possible. If you wait too long, the insurance company may not believe you were actually hurt. Before you leave a hospital or doctor’s office, be sure to obtain copies of your medical records. They contain important information about injuries, such as how your injury was caused and if it requires future treatment. Your Des Moines motorcycle accident lawyer may use these medical records to prove the extent of your injuries to the court.
- Don’t Speak to Insurance Companies: After you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, the defendant’s insurance company may ask to speak to you. However, you should do this without a motorcycle accident lawyer Des Moines IA relies on present. An insurance company might try to take advantage of you and give you a low compensation offer.
If you are searching for a motorcycle accident lawyer Des Moines IA offers, contact Des Moine Injury Law at (515) 493-4878.