An experienced construction accident lawyer Des Moines IA workers trust understands that when you are injured on the job, the situation can be an overwhelming one for both you and your family. At Johnston | Martineau PLLP, we fight for injured workers to protect their rights and get them the financial compensation they deserve.
If you have sustained an injury on a construction site and would like to speak with a compassionate Des Moines construction accident lawyer, we are available to meet and discuss your situation and how we may be able to help.
Construction sites can be extremely dangerous places for workers because of the high risks they pose due to the potential of injuries. A construction accident lawyer Des Moines IA clients recommend from our firm has represented many victims of construction accident cases. Our attorneys are familiar with the common types of injuries that occur on construction sites:
- Falls: Falls are one of the leading causes of construction site injuries. Victims frequently fall from scaffolding equipment. This is often as a result of faulty scaffolding construction. Other types of falls can occur when workers fall from cranes, elevator shafts, falls off of roofs, or fall because of holes in floors.
- Electrical: Electrical accidents can occur when OSHA standards are ignored or overlooked and the results can be fatal. Frequent causes of electrical accident injuries include electric shock, electrocutions, power line contact, and electric steam exposure.
- Welding: Welding injuries can occur from exposure to high temperatures, UV light, or from welding fumes.
- Trenches: One of the most dangerous – and often fatal – construction site accidents are trench collapses. Failure to take all required safety precautions can result in tons of dirt burying a victim, causing suffocation or internal injuries.
- Heavy equipment: The equipment and tools used on construction sites require critical adherence to guidelines and proper training and handling for use.
- Falling objects: Many workers are injured by objects – such as materials or tools – falling and hitting them. Injuries from falling objects can cause serious injuries, including permanent disabilities or even death.
Recovering Damages After a Construction Accident
A construction accident lawyer Des Moines IA families depend on realizes that when a worker is injured they are facing expensive medical treatment for their injuries. As a result, they may experience substantial stress about how their medical bills may impact their ability to provide for their family and meet their financial obligations.
Our legal team can help you file and pursue an injury claim as per Iowa’s workers’ compensation laws. We can stand with you every step of the way, from filing the first initial claim all the way to helping you obtain a financial award for your damages.
Let a Construction Accident Lawyer Des Moines IA Advocate for You
If you have been injured on a construction site and would like to speak with a knowledgeable construction accident lawyer in Des Moines, contact Johnston | Martineau today. We have successfully represented many clients and helped them obtain the financial compensation they were entitled to for their injuries.
Call a construction accident lawyer Des Moines IA provides today at (515) 493-4878 for a free case evaluation.