Medical Malpractice Attorney in Iowa
Contact an Iowa medical malpractice attorney today. Call us for a free consult at 515-493-4878 or email.
Medical malpractice can change your life, as well as those of your loved ones, forever. Without exception, nearly everyone will need professional healthcare at some point in their lives. Fortunately, the majority of the time, the care given will be administered in a professional and negligent free manner. However, there are times when things do not go as planned and injury or death can be the end result.
On some occasions, a person may suffer injury from a medication or medical device as opposed to the negligent care of a healthcare provider. If you think you might fall into that category of injury, rest assured that our Iowa personal injury lawyers handle bad drug and medical device cases as well as medical malpractice. You can learn more about drug and device cases here.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one from what you think might have been due to the negligence of a hospital, doctor, nurse, or other health care provider, the medical malpractice lawyers at Des Moines Injury Law.com are ready to help you and your family seek justice.
Medical mistakes are serious and can forever change your life
The types of medical mistake injuries that our Iowa medical malpractice lawyers consider include, but are not limited to:
• Pre-natal injury or death
• Post-natal injury or death
• Foreign objects, such as sponges and clamps, left inside the body during surgery
• Death or injury caused by anesthesia errors
• Brain damage
• Injury or death of babies during delivery
If you believe you or a loved one have been injured in any way due to the negligence of a healthcare provider, contact us today for a free consultation.
Fallout from medical errors
If you suffered an injury, or lost a loved one, due to the negligence of a doctor or nurse, your family is likely facing multiple financial and emotional issues. Some of the more common questions our Iowa medical malpractice lawyers are asked include:
• How are my past medical bills going to be paid?
• How will I pay for more medical treatment in the future due to the medical mistake?
• I can’t work anymore – how am I going to support my family in the future?
• I haven’t been working for several months now. What can be done about my past lost wages?
Whether or not your specific questions are listed above, please contact one of our Des Moines, Iowa medical malpractice attorneys today for an absolutely free consultation. We will discuss your case and address your questions with no pressure and no obligation.
Medical malpractice cases are often brought against a physician who:
• Did not use “reasonable care” in rendering treatment
• Did not have the proper skills to perform or provide the at-issue medical care
• Chose to ignore or disregard established rules
Obviously, without a thorough investigation, our Des Moines personal injury attorneys cannot say specifically how or why your injury arose. However, the short list above does encompass the causes behind many medical malpractice claims.
What to do if you think you were injured due to medical malpractice in Iowa
We here at Des Moines Injury Law.com encourage you to contact us as soon as you discover that you were injured. It will help both you and us if you have answers to the following questions prior to your consultation however it is not required. If you simply don’t know where to start, just call and we will guide you through the process.
• What happened (at each visit) from the first time you met the healthcare professional until your last meeting or appointment?
• What is the background and detail of your original illness or injury?
• What type of specific care did your doctor employ to treat your condition?
• What did your doctor tell you about your treatment?
• What did your doctor tell you about your particular ailment?
• Did you follow the healthcare provider’s instructions?
The more information you are able to provide to our lawyers, the more effectively we can handle your case. Thus, answers to the above questions are quite important. However, don’t let missing information stand in your way of calling.
Contact an Iowa medical malpractice lawyer
If you have been injured due to medical malpractice in Iowa, contact one of our personal injury lawyers today for a free consultation. We can be reached at 515-493-4878 or via EMAIL.